Giving your Bridesmaids a thank-you gift is not required, but it never goes unappreciated. Your wedding party’s been with you since the beginning, so giving each member of your group a thoughtful token of appreciation is always the right move.
Here’s when, what and how to give fabulous gifts for your amazing bridal party.
What should you get Them?
First, you’re not obligated to get everyone the same present. What works for one person might not work for another, so don’t be afraid to give different gifts, but all within the same price range. That way, everyone knows you took the time to pick out something just for them. We also encourage you to gift them something multifunctional and timeless. Anything with their name or monogram is a good call.
- Silk pyjamas
- Luxe robe
- Personalized stationery
- A gift certificate to a local boutique
- A monogrammed set of bath towels
- A designer clutch
- A gift certificate to a luxury spa
- A designer makeup bag
- A hair blowout and beauty session at a local salon
- A canvas weekender bag and beach towel set
When should you get Them?
Shopping for bridesmaid gifts doesn’t have a specific timeline, but it’s better to get them sooner rather than later. Aim for no later than one to two months before your wedding, since the last think you want to do the week before your wedding is shop for presents. In the months leading up to your celebration, keep an eye out for fabulous finds.
- Tickets to a musical or dinner theatre
- A subscription gift
- Headphones in her favourite colour
- The latest best-selling book
- A gift certificate to a movie theatre or music venue
- A movie-themed gift basket
- Tickets to a sporting event
- A set of movies themed around a favourite actor, director or film era
- A bottle of wine and a new board game
How much should you Spend?
Consider two main things when budgeting for bridesmaid gifts: how much your wedding budget will allow, and how much your bridesmaids are shelling out for you. The first question is obviously the most important—spend what you can, remembering that it’s really how thoughtful the gift is that counts. But do ask yourself what you’ve been asking financially of your bridesmaids. Something between $75 and $150 should suffice.
The maid/matron of honor typically receives a bit more lavish gift than the others, as it’s typically her job to act as point person for prewedding events and more. Consider spending a little extra on her for the extra mile she’s goes for you.
- Personalized jewellery
- A scented candle
- All-natural soaps
- Holistic beauty treatments such as bath salts and scented astringents
- A hand-painted platter or ring dish, designed at a local ceramics studio and personalized with her favourite colours
- A knitted scarf, throw or other cosy wool item
- A hand-bound photo album or scrapbook
- Assorted jars of homemade jam and scones
- A personalized poem, framed
When should you actually give Them?
You can present gifts to your wedding party at the rehearsal dinner or the day of your wedding, either at brunch or lunch, or while getting ready together. You could also have a separate meal, like a fun bridal brunch or dinner, a few days before the wedding and do it then. If you’re already exchanging gifts with your almost-spouse and parents in the hours leading up to your ceremony and feel overwhelmed, the rehearsal dinner is a good idea.
When you decide to give your bridesmaids, gifts might also depend on what you give them. If it’s something you want them to wear during the wedding day, present them while you’re getting ready. If it’s not something they’re meant to wear or have at the wedding, hand it out at the rehearsal dinner so they don’t need to worry about keeping track of it throughout the busy wedding day.
- A French press with a pound of gourmet coffee
- Sushi-making supplies
- A fabulous bottle of bubbly, a nice ice bucket or a wine club membership
- A gift certificate to a favourite restaurant
- Luxe table linens, napkin rings and place card holders
- Decadent chocolates
- Caviar, foie grass or a gift certificate to a nearby gourmet grocer
- A deluxe picnic basket
- A cute apron
- A collection of your favourite recipes with a tea towel or colourful colander
Thank you for reading,
The GWM Team